10545 West 74th Street Countryside, Illinois 60525 (708) 528-4674
Double J Riding Club is conveniently located just 20 minutes southwest of Chicago in Countryside, Illinois just off I-294 at 75th Street or the Joliet Road exit of I-55 at:
10545 74th St, Countryside, IL 60525.
OR TO SCHEDULE A LESSON?
We provide the horses, you live the adventure!
Activity Patches Now Available!
Bring Your Adult or Youth Group
for a Memorable Outing at
Double J Riding Club!
Who brings their group to Double J Riding Club for outings? Preschools, special needs' classes, scout troops and more! Double J Riding Club loves to have groups come out just for a fun ride or we can tie the visit into classroom curriculum or help you earn badges. Just let us know what you need!
- Everybody gets to ride and receive age appropriate instruction on horse grooming and barn safety.
- For larger groups, stations can be set up to keep everybody busy and having fun!
- Our indoor riding arena makes this a weather-proof activity -- with activites such as scavenger hunts available to help occupy students while they wait.
- We can work with children 4 and up as well as many types of autistic or special needs children -- just let us know in advance so we can adjust staffing if necessary. (Supplemental fee may be required depending upon assistance needed.)
Cost for 20 minute ride: $175 (1-6 riders) plus $27.50 per additional rider**
Cost for 30 minute ride: $225 (1-6 riders) plus $35 per additional rider**
** If riders are younger than 8 years old or new to riding, additional arena assistants may be necessary @ $20 per hour. Please ask Cindy Johnson about this.
To schedule an outing at Double J, please send information to Cindy Johnson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, including possible dates, the number and ages of riders. Please include your phone number an, including possible dates, the number and ages of riders. Please include your phone number and the best time to reach you. Once the dates have been confirmed, we ask that you pay a 50% deposit in advance, sign the Contract (please read outing guidelines) and have all riders sign our waiver & release forms. Please print them out and have them signed ahead of time -- we don't want anybody to be disappointed!
Double J Riding Club
Private Horse Day Camps
or 1/2 Day Camps
If your budget has a little more wiggle-room, consider offering your youth group our full day (5 hour) or half-day (2.5 hour) camp experience. This includes:
- 45 riding lesson and 15-20 minute ground;
- Activities around the barn property with the horses (seasonally appropriate);
- Crafts and indoor activities.
SCHEDULING: These may be scheduled Monday - Thursday from 9 - 3:30 pm, days-off school, Fridays during the summer; other days as available.
FULL DAY COST: $75 per person; min. 8 riders or $600
HALF DAY COST: $45 per person; min. 8 riders or $360
Sorry, there is no trail riding or horse boarding at Double J Riding Club.